The UK government developed Cyber Essentials in collaboration with industry partners to ensure that it meets the needs of organisations large and small. Partners include the Information Security Forum (ISF), the Information Assurance for Small and Medium Enterprises Consortium (IASME) and the British Standards Institution (BSI).
We work with organisations of any size or type to help them:
- Review current IT security measures
- Identify potential security risks
- Implement suitable security policies, controls and reporting systems
Our partner Marathon is a certified Cyber Essentials Assessor and works with us to provide guidance in line with the Cyber Essentials Scheme as well as other Information Security Standards such as ISO 27001.
What you need to know
Our process is as follows:
- Registration - we register you on the government portal, giving you three months to become compliant.
- Preparation - we send you a set of questions that closely mirror the questions you will be asked during submission.
- Workshop – we run a working session with you, our compliance experts and senior technical leads to discuss your responses and review existing documentation. The aim is to stress test your current setup and identify gaps or risks.
- Gap Analysis – we provide a report showing which questions would currently result in non-compliance and recommendations for remedial action
- Remediation - we work with your Administrators to draw up a set of policies and procedures that will not only ensure your compliance, but also tighten up your approach to security across the business.
- Controls - we work with your IT Team to put controls and reporting in place to monitor your security levels, and make sure you capture vulnerabilities as they occur
- Submission - you submit your revised responses online
- Accreditation - your submission will be assessed within a few working days. Once you are accredited, you can display the Cyber Essentials logo on all your company documentation and websites.
Why work with us
We have extensive experience in cyber security for businesses of all sizes and with a variety of security requirements. We know what makes a strong and robust system, and have established templates for the key policies and controls that you should have in place, as well as how to make them a reality.
Marathon is a certified Cyber Essentials Assessor which means it is one of the companies employed by the government to review your accreditation submission and assess your level of compliance. It is a member of the Cyber Growth Partnership, the Cyber Security Forum and the London Branch of the Cyber Cluster.